10 March 2013

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

I'm not a big fan of eating pork, but this pork tenderloin has just about changed my mind.  Good cuts of pork now include bacon and tenderloin.
Take a pork tenderloin and butterfly it.  Spread it out, cover it with plastic wrap, and use a mallet to pound it out to about 1/2" thick.
Spread about 1/4 c. basil pesto over the tenderloin.
Cover in 1/3 c. plain greek yogurt.
I diced up 1/4 each red and yellow bell peppers to stuff it with.  You can also use things like onions, mushrooms, broccoli, etc.  Be creative.
Roll it up (this might mean just folding it in half, depending on how big it is and how stuffed it is), and set it seam-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Cover in another 1/3 c. plain greek yogurt.  I was trying to use up the rest of the yogurt so mine are extra smothered.
They don't look particularly appetizing yet, but wait til they come out of the oven.  Tenderloins usually come in a two-pack.  The recipe amounts here are for one tenderloin, although I did make both of them at the same time.  Bake on 375*F for 30 - 40 minutes until a meat thermometer reaches 140* in the thickest part of the meat.
Slice into 1.5" thick slices and serve!
The pesto is really yummy and reminds me of spring.  It smells so fresh, even though it's been in my freezer since last fall.  For those of you that froze pesto cubes, I used two cubes for each tenderloin.

No comments:

Post a Comment