26 April 2013

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've already blogged about a paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, but these are completely different.  The first recipe was made with coconut flour, this one is made with nut flours.
The first nut is the pecan.  Food-processed to a flour-like consistency (I didn't process them nearly enough).
The next nut is the almond.  I used almond flour that I had left over from making almond milk.
The real reason I wanted to try this recipe was because it has no sugar in it.  It uses stevia (which I am still trying to get used to - it's got some bitterness).  The chocolate also adds sweetness.
I hardly ever make cookies.  I'm still trying to figure out how to forecast how much flattening paleo cookies do.  Usually it's not much.
I do most of my blog food making on Sunday, because there's actually some decent light coming in for photography.
Baked for 12 minutes, it's hard to resist a cookie fresh out of the oven.
These cookies did not do any flattening.
These cookies were way crumbly.  I think it would have helped if I'd processed the pecans more.  Anyway, if you really want to try it, the recipe is here.  I still haven't found any paleo dessert that I've liked more than the Double Chocolate Orange Torte, although if I feel like putting some effort into it, the Chocolate-Orange Cake Roll was really awesome too (and was even better using mint extract in place of the orange).

No comments:

Post a Comment